Wednesday, January 30, 2013

On the Road to Whitehorse


My Polar Adventure is leaving town. On Thursday, I travel to Vancouver, then board a flight to Whitehorse. I’ll be blogging and posting photos daily beginning on Friday, reporting not only on preparations for the Yukon Arctic Ultra, but also on the Yukon Quest, an 1000-mile dog sled race that begins on Saturday.

In a turn of luck, my trip also coincides with the 2013 MissWhitehorse Beauty Pageant. I was fortunate to snag a late entry and am feeling pretty smug about my chances as the two female residents of Whitehorse are both north of 80 and have endured many harsh winters.




On Sunday is the main event, the Yukon Artic Ultra. I’ll be aiming for a Top Ten finish in the marathon and also feel confident of my chances there. There are precisely ten entrants.

Follow all the exciting events at My Polar Adventure and on my Facebook page. You won’t want to miss a moment as I attempt to cheat death and ride gossamer wings to glory in the 2013 Yukon Arctic Ultra.


No comments:

Post a Comment